Regular Part-Time Staff Members
A regular part-time staff member is defined as a person who works between 910 and 1,456 hours a year (17.5 - 28 hours per week). The employee fills an ongoing, budgeted position approved by Human Resources/Compensation.
116.2 SALARY DETERMINATION
Salary for a part-time position is based on the corresponding full-time position. The part-time position is assigned the grade level of the full-time position, and the staff member is paid the hourly rate of the comparable full-time position.
- Health Regular part-time employees are eligible for University group rates under Penn's Aetna POS II Standard plan (formerly called the ACA medical plan). It is important to note that the cost of the single coverage for the Aetna POS II Standard plan is partially subsidized by the University.For more information visit https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay/health-life-and-fsa/health/aca-affordable-care-act
- Dental Regular part-time employees are eligible for University group rates. The entire premium is paid by the employee.
- Vision Regular part-time employees are eligible for University group rates. The entire premium is paid by the employee.
- Life Insurance Regular part-time employees are eligible for a $50,000 Basic Life Insurance policy paid by the University, and Supplemental Life Insurance up to two times their base salary. The entire premium is paid by the employee.
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Sick Leave Part-time employees are eligible on a pro-rata basis.
- Short-Term Disability Not eligible
- Long-Term Disability Not eligible
Effective July 1, 2018, the Retirement Allowance Plan (RAP) will close to all new participants. Regular part-time staff members who work the minimum required hours (1,000) will be eligible to participate in the Basic and Matching Plans and they may continue to contribute to the Supplemental Retirement Annuity (SRA) plan. Part-time staff members participating in the Retirement Allowance Plan (RAP) prior to July 1, 2018, who do not meet the minimum hours requirement will remain in the RAP.
- Faculty/Staff Scholarship Program
Regular part-time staff members are eligible on a pro-rata basis.
Regular part-time staff members are eligible for time off with pro-rata pay for all holidays, including the special vacation days between Christmas and New Year's Day, which fall on one of the staff member's regularly scheduled workdays.
- Leave with Pay Eligible on a pro-rata basis.
- Leave without Pay University policy is the same as for regular full-time staff members.
116.4 USE OF FACILITIES
Part-time staff members are eligible for the use of University facilities (e.g., libraries, recreational programs, University Club, etc.) in accordance with University policies for administrative/professional and support staff members.
Policy Number: 116
Effective Date: 07/01/2018
Supersedes Policy Number(s): 116 (02/01/1990, 07/01/1999, 8/4/2011, 12/08/2014, 07/01/17)
Applicability:All regular part-time employees
Cross-reference: Policy 101, Policy 303, Policy 401, Policy 402, Policy 403, Policy 404, Policy 405, Policy 406, Policy 407,Policy 408, Policy 409, Policy 410, Policy 411, Policy 412, Policy 605, Policy 607, Policy 608, Policy 609, Policy 610, Policy 611, Policy 612, Policy 613, Policy 614, Policy 615, Policy 616