Hiring and Recruitment
Before Making a Hire
Penn Hiring Officers should review the information in the Hiring Officer Handbook and familiarize themselves with University hiring guidelines, including regulations related to Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, before making a hire.
Recruiting and Staffing Updates
Changes to Penn's Staff Candidate Background Check Process
News from July 18, 2016
In compliance with the City of Philadelphia’s newly amended "Fair Practices Ordinance: Protections Against Unlawful Discrimination," which restricts the use of credit checks and credit-related information during hiring, Penn has implemented the following changes to the background check process for staff candidates:
- ”Resource exposure” options on the Position Information Questionnaire (PIQ) will no longer trigger the financial/credit check.
- Only job titles in the Financial (D) job family will be subject to credit checks.
These changes are effective immediately.
If you have questions, please contact your school or center Human Resources liaison.
Applicant Tracking System
To access applicant pools, visit the Applicant Tracking System, using your your PennKey and Password.
If you're a first-time user, view the online training module before logging into the system. Also see these resources:
Recruiting for an Open Position
- Executive Recruitment Services
- Guide to Completing a PIQ
- Interviewing Candidates
- Candidate Evaluation Forms
Hiring a Candidate
- Salary Offers and Compensation Guidelines
- Visa Information
- Hiring Forms
- New Hire Checklist
- Sample Offer Letters