The Latest Human Resources Announcements
Recognized Holidays for FY23
News from June 22, 2022
The following holidays will be observed by the University in the upcoming fiscal year (July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023) on the dates listed below:
- Independence Day, Monday, July 4, 2022
- Labor Day, Monday, September 5, 2022
- Thanksgiving, Thursday and Friday, November 24 & 25, 2022
- Christmas Day, Monday, December 26, 2022 (observed)
- New Year’s Day, Monday, January 2, 2023 (observed)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Monday, January 16, 2023
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 29, 2023
- Juneteenth (observed), Monday, June 19, 2023
Each year, the President, Provost and Senior Executive Vice President assess the feasibility of observing Penn’s traditional Special Winter Vacation. Thus, the Special Winter
Vacation granted to faculty and staff will be December 27, 28, 29, and 30, 2022. If an employee is required to work to continue departmental operations for part or all of this period, the Special Winter Vacation can be rescheduled for some other time.
Staff members who are absent from work either the workday before a holiday, the workday after a holiday, or both days, will receive holiday pay if that absence is charged to pre-approved paid time off or to sick time substantiated by a written note from the staff member’s health care provider.
Vacations and holidays for hospital employees or those staff members in collective bargaining units are governed by the terms of hospital policies or their respective collective bargaining agreements.
For a list of holidays in fiscal years 2024 and 2025, see the June 15 myHR newsletter.