About Penn Human Resources
People are our highest priority at Penn. Without the help of talented faculty and staff, it would be impossible to carry out the mission of this University. That’s why Human Resources strives to provide you with all the resources you need to excel personally and professionally. Whether you’re looking to enhance your skills, explore your academic interests, build your retirement savings or develop a healthy lifestyle, we can help.
Human Resources also encourages the University to welcome and support diversity in the workforce. A diverse and open campus maximizes our talent pool, inspires creative thinking and encourages a culture in which different views are appreciated and respected.
Our focus is on the people at Penn—over 25,000 strong—who make us the largest private employer in the Philadelphia region.
If you have any questions or comments about Penn or the services provided by Human Resources, please contact us online or write to us at the University of Pennsylvania, Division of Human Resources, Office of the Vice President, 3401 Walnut Street, Suite 538A, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6228.
Jack Heuer, Ed.D.
Vice President for Human Resources
The Division of Human Resources is dedicated to the recruitment, retention and development of a highly qualified, committed and diverse group of individuals who support the University's goals of increased access, integrated knowledge, and local and global engagement. To accomplish this, we strive to:
- Hire, retain and develop a talented, diverse and dedicated workforce.
- Offer a generous total compensation package
- Provide numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Support and enhance the work experience for our faculty and staff.
- Partner with our schools, centers and departments to help them advance their—and the University’s overall—business needs.
- Create and maintain a supportive environment.
- Ensure that our faculty and staff have the necessary knowledge and skills to perform effectively and develop professionally.
- Support the personal needs of our faculty and staff and their families.
Our knowledgeable staff are here to support you whenever you have a question or problem. Contact us!