Nursing Mothers Program
Penn's Nursing Mothers Program provides support for new and expecting parents and includes:
- Penn's Nursing Mothers Policy and Plan Document
- Private, clean lactation rooms throughout Penn’s campus, some equipped with hospital-grade breast pumps. (Free breast pump accessory kits are also provided by the Penn Women’s Center).
- Penn's Breastfeeding Resource Group. This group is open to faculty, staff, students, post docs, and their partners. This group is co-sponsored by the Family Resource Center, Penn Women’s Center, and the Division of Human Resources.
- Provides an opportunity to meet other new parents on campus, get help with breastfeeding challenges, and share successful strategies.
- Open to individuals who are breastfeeding, pumping and bottle-feeding, pregnant & thinking about breastfeeding, formula-feeding and curious about breastfeeding.
- Penn's Worklife Specialist who:
- Provides briefings for new and expectant parents. Register for an upcoming New and Expectant Parents Briefing.
- Offers referrals, information, and resources.
- Helps with navigating lactation space access.
- Breastfeeding and Returning to Work, by Diane L. Spatz, PhD, RN-BC, FAAN
- Talking points for Employee/Supervisor Discussions
- Guidance for Supervisors and Business Administrators
- Guide to Creating Nursing and Lactation Space for Schools and Centers
- Resources for Nursing Mothers
For more information on the Nursing Mothers Program, or Human Resources offerings to better manage your health, work, and family responsibilities, please contact Karen Kille, Worklife Specialist, 215-898-7729 or firstname.lastname@example.org.