Lactation Support Program
Penn's Lactation Support Program provides support for new and expecting parents and includes:
- Penn's Lactation Policy and Lactation Plan Document.
- Private, clean lactation rooms throughout Penn’s campus, some equipped with hospital-grade breast pumps. (Free breast pump accessory kits are also provided by the Penn Women’s Center).
- Penn's Lactation Resource Group.
This group is open to faculty, staff, students, post docs, and their partners. This group is co-sponsored by the Family Resource Center, Penn Women’s Center, and the Division of Human Resources.
- Provides an opportunity to meet other new parents on campus, get help with breastfeeding challenges, and share successful strategies.
- Open to individuals who are chest/breastfeeding, pumping and bottle-feeding, pregnant & thinking about chest/breastfeeding, formula-feeding and curious about chest/breastfeeding.
- Penn's Worklife Specialist who:
- Provides briefings for new and expectant parents. Register for an upcoming New and Expectant Parent Briefing.
- Offers referrals, information, and resources.
- Helps with navigating lactation space access.
- Chest/breastfeeding and Returning to Work, by Diane L. Spatz, PhD, RN-BC, FAAN
- Talking Points for Employee/Supervisor Discussions
- Guidance for Supervisors and Business Administrators
- Guide to Creating a Lactation Space for Schools and Centers
- Chest/Breastfeeding Resources
For more information on the Lactation Program, or Human Resources offerings to better manage your health, work, and family responsibilities, please contact Karen Kille, Sr. Worklife Consultant, 215-898-7729 or firstname.lastname@example.org.