Senior Care Solutions
Through Penn's partnership with Care.com, benefits eligible faculty and staff can access senior care advisors. This benefit provides eligible individuals with the support and guidance of experienced Senior Care Advisors who can assist employees and their families along your journey through the uncertain terrain of senior caregiving. Senior Care Advisors provide eligible individuals with caregiving strategies, such as finding the appropriate level of care, proactively planning and paying for care, and assisting adult children whose parents do not want to accept care.
Caring for an elderly family member or an adult can be complex.
- How do we talk about what needs to happen?
- How do we get all of our family members on the same page?
- How do we manage the legal and financial challenges?
- How do we pay for the resources?
Penn’s expanded adult and senior care services through Care.com can provide you with the help you need.
- Assistance with immediate needs and long-term adult and senior care planning
- Unlimited phone calls with masters level social workers
- Facilitation of family meetings and discussions
- Comprehensive action plans that include vetted provider options with ongoing follow-up
Senior Care Solutions include access to a Senior Care Family Hub:
- Provides tools for ongoing coordination and communication regarding your loved one’s care needs with your Care Team
- Care Team Account Access: One digital platform accessible by employees, their family Care Team and the senior care advisor
- Task Management: Triage and manage tasks for a loved one with your Care Team
- Document Storage: Upload and store documents related to a loved one in a consolidated location. Document permissions for custom sharing preferences
- Care Team Communication: Discuss tasks and documents with the Care Team
- Caregiver Guides & Resources: Curated content to get up-to-speed about common senior care topics
Arrange a Free, In-depth Consultation with a Masters Level Geriatric Social Worker
To access these services, call our partners at Care.com at 855-781-1303 ext. 3, go to penn.care.com, or email email@example.com and arrange a free, in-depth consultation with a Masters Level Geriatric Social Worker. Senior Care Advisors are available from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.
Read the elder care tip of the month, provided by Care.com.
Care.com Senior Care Solutions FAQ
Care.com Senior Care Planning FAQ
Senior Care Planning includes an in depth consultation with a Senior Care Advisor. It can be focused on any issues you are facing regarding caring for an aging loved one or finding care for yourself. We offer personalized, professional advice and support about how to plan for your short-term and long-term care needs. This service supports you by presenting you with information and guidance about types of service providers, associated costs and available benefits as well as caregiving tips and helpful resources.
We also facilitate family meetings where we can allow every family member’s voice to be heard, including your loved one who is receiving care. It can be very helpful for an objective third party to work with the entire family to develop the most appropriate plan to meet your loved one’s needs.
A Customized Action Plan includes an in depth consultation with a Senior Care Advisor experienced in the field of gerontology who provides you with personalized professional advice, support, and strategies about coordinating care as well as detailed information on potential provider options. These providers are chosen from our screened provider network taking into account the information you have shared with us. We are often able to negotiate rates with providers on your behalf for private pay services, which means savings for your family.
You will also receive a written Customized Action Plan, which includes a complete summary of your needs, recommended next steps, information on providers, and additional resources. Your Senior Care Advisor will walk you through each part of your Customized Action Plan during a follow up call.