Caring for Your Family
Penn is committed to helping faculty and staff maintain a balance between work, personal goals, and family responsibilities. You can take advantage of a wealth of family-friendly programs to meet your everyday needs.
Dependent Care for Children and Elders
- Backup Care provides alternative care arrangements for your dependents so you can go to work.
- Penn's Children's Center provides child care support for children ages three months to five years.
- Penn’s Summer Programs for Kids offer an array of summer activities for children and teens.
- School Strike and Closing Guidance provides resources to help parents in the event of a school strike or closing
- Snow Day Child Care is available when Philadelphia public schools close due to inclement weather (pre-enrollment required).
- Personal Assisted Search, offered through Care.com, can help with a wide range of dependent care challenges, such as finding child care, school-age care, summer camp programs in your community, to meet your family’s needs and preferences.
- Adoption Assistance helps ease the financial impact of bringing home a new child by providing reimbursement for up to $5,000 in eligible adoption expenses.
- Flexible Work Options offer creative solutions for balancing work and family demands.
- New Child Benefits give you access to a wealth of resources when you bring home a new child.
- Lactation Support Program can help you make a smoother transition back to work when you're chest/breastfeeding your newborn.
Take Our Children to Work Day gives children ages 9-15 an up-close and personal look at their parent/sponsor's workplace.