Be in the Know Bonus Actions
Bonus Actions are health-related activities and opportunities to support your overall well-being, as well as earn additional points towards your next reward level. Be in the Know continues to offer a wide variety of options, including Preventative Health, Penn Wellness Activities, and Virgin Pulse Online Bonus Actions - with more ways to be rewarded this year.
Choose any Bonus Actions of interest to earn points towards rewards to customize your Be in the Know experience. Review the Ways to Earn list for options, with more rewards for daily activities, completed programs, and sustained achievement throughout the year. Here’s how it works:
- Choose any Bonus Actions you wish to complete. Guidelines for earning rewards are listed in the Ways to Earn list.
- Earn up to $250 in Pulse Cash by completing any combination of campaign activities, including a biometric screening and/or Bonus Actions.
- Reach 5,000 total points = Earn another $50 (Level 1 reward)
- Reach 15,000 total points = Earn another $75 (Level 2 reward)
- Reach 30,000 total points = Earn another $125 (Level 3 reward)
- Go for ultimate rewards and earn 50,000 campaign points to become a Be in the Know VIP! All confirmed VIPs will earn special recognition, after the campaign year ends.
- Reach 50,000 points = Earn VIP recognition (Level 4 reward).
- You must also complete a biometric screening to earn VIP status. All confirmed VIPs will earn special recognition, after the campaign year ends. Please note that a biometric screening must be completed between July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022 to qualify as a VIP this campaign year.
- Bonus Actions may be completed at any time during the campaign year (July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022). However, for this campaign year, rewards for Bonus Actions will not be received until you first complete the Virgin Pulse Health Check.
- Make sure you receive your Bonus Action Points by submitting an Attestation Form, if necessary. These forms replace the Proof of Bonus Action Forms and allow participants to upload completion credit for certain Bonus Actions right on the Virgin Pulse platform, on the How to Earn page.
All Attestation Forms will include an Attestation Box for participants to click to acknowledge that the information provided is true and accurate. You may also need to upload documentation as proof of completion. (Penn reserves the right to request a paper copy of any information you provide.)
To access the Attestation Forms:
- Log on to the Virgin Pulse platform.
- On the homepage, in the top navigation, go to "Home" and click on "How to Earn".
- Scroll down to the appropriate Bonus Action you wish to complete an Attestation Form.
- Once you find the Bonus Action you have completed, click on the name.
- Click “Take Me There” button. This will open up a window for you to complete the form.
- Fill in all of the required fields and upload documentation if required.
- Click “Submit”.
Once you submit an Attestation Form and any additional documentation if necessary, Virgin Pulse will process your information and your point totals will then be reflected on the Virgin Pulse Rewards page. To learn which Bonus Actions require you to submit an Attestation Form on Virgin Pulse’s platform, see the Ways to Earn list.
*Per IRS guidelines, all Be in the Know rewards are subject to applicable payroll taxes at the time they are earned and rewarded to participants - even if rewards have not yet been redeemed (i.e., spent). While the rewards are provided through Virgin Pulse's Rewards Program, mandatory payroll taxes on the value of earned rewards will be processed through participants' paychecks. For the 2021-2022 campaign year, taxes will be processed in October 2021, and January, April, and July 2022 paychecks. Participants will see applicable rewards taxes deducted from their paychecks in these months, if rewards were earned during the prior time period. Paystubs will note "Imputed Income: Wellness" plus the amount of earned rewards for that particular tax cycle.
Your privacy is strictly protected. Penn receives only aggregated data for the participating population. Penn will never know your individual screening results, health assessment answers or personal health goals.