YMCA Discount Gym Membership
The Greater Philadelphia Y is offering a discount to all Penn employees with valid PennCards. You can choose either 10% off monthly dues or $0 enrollment fee at the time you join. There are no long-term contracts and you have 15 locations around Greater Philadelphia and NJ to choose from - plus there is now a virtual Y so you can workout anywhere. To receive the discount on a new membership, visit any YMCA location listed here and present your PennCard. Existing members can sign up for a discount at their home branch. View this flyer for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the YMCA’s special offer for Penn employees?
All Penn employees with a valid PennCard are eligible to receive 10% off monthly YMCA membership dues, for both new and existing members, or new members pay $0 enrollment fees at the time you join.
- New membership: To sign up for a new membership, visit any of the YMCA’s listed on the back of Penn’s corporate flyer. To verify employment, the Penn employee needs to provide a valid PennCard.
- Existing members: Visit your home YMCA branch. To verify employment, the Penn employee needs to provide a valid PennCard.
In determining my membership category, how does the YMCA designate membership?
- Adult: 23 – 64 years of age
- Family: Two (2) adults in a household, including dependents to age 18, and college students with 12 credits up to age 26. (Two adults only is permissible.)
- Single Parent Family: One (1) adult including dependent children up to age 18, and college students with 12 or more credits up to age 26.
- Family +1:Three (3) adults in a household including dependents to age 18, and college students with 12 credits up to age 26.
What's included in my membership?
- Unlimited visits to any Greater Philadelphia Y (Ambler, Boyertown, Christian Street, Columbia North, Haverford, Mt. Laurel, Northeast Philly, Phoenixville, Pottstown, Rocky Run, Roxborough, Spring Valley, Upper Perk, West Philly, Willow Grove)
- World class pools, indoor and outdoor
- Free access to Phillyathome.org - the virtual workouts from the Y. Enjoy live Zoom and On Demand classes from the instructors you love.
- Hundreds of group exercise classes weekly - both indoor and outdoor
- Indoor tracks
- Fitness floors and weight rooms
- Member rates on programming
- Up to two hours of free babysitting while you work out
- Discounts on childcare at one of the Y centers
- Special member activities (movie nights, luncheons, health fairs)
I don’t want to join the YMCA, but my spouse does. Will s/he still receive the discount?
Unfortunately, no. The Penn employee must be part of the YMCA membership to receive the discount and waived joiner fee.
With my corporate membership, is it true that I receive 3 free consultations with a Wellness Coach at the YMCA branch I choose to join?
I have a young family. I had heard that as a member of the YMCA that I can receive up to 2 hours of babysitting per child per day. Is that true?
Does the YMCA provide income based assistance?
Yes, single adults making under $40,000 and families making under $80,000 a year qualify for a 25% reduction in monthly membership in lieu of the 10% corporate offering. Inquire at the branch of choice.
Is there a contract I have to sign?
No, the Y is a monthly membership. There are no annual requirements.
Can I use Ys that are not part of the Greater Philadelphia Y?
Yes, through reciprocity. You must use your home branch at least 50% of the time, but you can use other Ys to work out locally and across the country.
Questions? Contact Human Resources: 215-898-5116 or contact us online.