YMCA Discount Gym Membership
Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA and Regional Y Alliances offer a 10% monthly membership discount to all Penn employees with valid PennCards. There is no joiner fee for new Penn employee memberships. To receive the discount on a new membership, visit any YMCA location listed here and present your PennCard. Existing members can sign up for a discount at their home branch.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the YMCA’s special offer for Penn employees?
All Penn employees with a valid PennCard are eligible to receive 10% off monthly YMCA membership dues, for both new and existing members. New members also will not need to pay the joiner fee (up to a $150 value.)
How do I join or get the discount?
- New membership: To sign up for a new membership, visit any of the YMCA’s listed on the back of Penn’s corporate flyer. To verify employment, the Penn employee needs to provide a valid PennCard.
- Existing members: Visit your home YMCA branch. To verify employment, the Penn employee needs to provide a valid PennCard.
In determining my membership category, how does the YMCA designate membership?
- Adult: 19 – 64 years of age
- Family: Two (2) adults in a household, including dependents to age 18, and college students with 12 credits up to age 26. (Two adults only is permissible.)
- Single Parent Family: One (1) adult including dependent children up to age 18, and college students with 12 or more credits up to age 26.
- Family +1:Three (3) adults in a household including dependents to age 18, and college students with 12 credits up to age 26.
I don’t want to join the YMCA, but my spouse does. Will s/he still receive the discount?
Unfortunately, no. The Penn employee must be part of the YMCA membership to receive the discount and waived joiner fee.
With my corporate membership, is it true that I receive 3 free consultations with a Wellness Coach at the YMCA branch I choose to join?
I have a young family. I had heard that as a member of the YMCA that I can receive up to 2 hours of babysitting per child per day. Is that true?
Does the YMCA provide income based assistance?
Yes, single adults making under $40,000 and families making under $80,000 a year qualify for a 25% reduction in monthly membership in lieu of the 10% corporate offering. Inquire at the branch of choice.
Questions? Contact Human Resources: 215-898-5116 or contact us online.