Pillars of Excellence Award
2023 Call for Nominations Is Closed
The 2023 Call for Models of Excellence Nominations is now closed. This year's honorees will be announced in early February and celebrated in April.
Introduced in 2014, the Pillars of Excellence Award recognizes the strong foundation and important support our weekly-paid staff members provide to promote Penn’s success. These staff members are pillars of the institution.
Our pillars are responsible for overseeing activities that keep our environment safe and operational for Penn’s faculty, staff, and students. They provide administrative support to organizations and individuals on day-to-day activities. They also provide important infrastructure services, such as: maintaining facilities and outdoor spaces; overseeing our mail, our parking areas, and our safety; and providing housekeeping and dining services. These staff members support key internal and external constituencies every day. They create the foundation that helps keep the University operating successfully and smoothly, meeting the goals of the University’s mission and contributing to Penn’s prestige.
Standards of Excellence
These behaviors reflect the University’s standards for a Pillar of Excellence and are used by the Selection Committee to identify individuals who qualify for this award:
- Provides superior sustained service
- Supports a special project or situation in a notable way
- Delivers exemplary service to customers
- Displays exceptional responsiveness to key constituents/customers
- Uses superior efficiency in responding to customers’ needs
- Exhibits exemplary professional behavior when responding to customers’ needs/requests
- Exhibits exceptional resourcefulness, innovation, or creativity to help customers with their problems/issues
- Improves processes to save time or money through over-and-above service to key constituencies
- Contributes to a positive, collaborative work environment
Questions? Call 215-898-7729 or contact us by email.