Models of Excellence Award
2023 Call for Nominations Is Closed
The 2023 Call for Models of Excellence Nominations is now closed. This year's honorees will be announced in early February and celebrated in April.
Since 1999, this award has recognized staff member accomplishments that reflect initiative, leadership, increased efficiency, and a deep commitment to service. Now, the Models of Excellence Award is one of three award categories in the overall Models of Excellence program.
Standards of Excellence
These Standards of Excellence are used by the nominators and the Selection Committee to identify individual staff members or teams as Models of Excellence for their notable contributions to the mission of the University that go above and beyond performance and job expectations.
Supportive practices, procedures, and policies
- Brings about significant positive change for the University’s mission.
- Eliminates significant obstacles to achieving the University’s mission.
- Resolves, in unique and/or novel ways, problems that impede progress.
Innovative and proactive leadership
- Uses highly effective and/or novel practices to inspire and lead others to contribute constructively to the University’s mission.
- Proactively identifies and resolves challenges that interfere with team/unit/school/center activities to further the University’s mission.
- Encourages a coordinated effort by a complex group and facilitates the group’s ability to meet complicated goals.
Extraordinary service to key constituencies
- Supports internal and/or external constituencies in ways that exceed expectations and result in unexpected and very positive outcomes that support the University’s mission.
- Identifies improvements to University practices, policies, and/or program designs that result in substantial cost savings or financial gain to the University while enhancing the organization’s ability to support the University’s mission.
Exemplary relationship building within and/or outside of the immediate organization
- Develops and uses strong, constructive, and productive relationships that enable otherwise impossible goals to be met in support of the University’s mission
Questions? Call 215-898-7729 or contact us by email.