The Model Supervisor Award
2023 Call for Nominations Is Closed
The 2023 Call for Models of Excellence Nominations is now closed. This year's honorees will be announced in early February and celebrated in April.
The annual Model Supervisor Award, established in 2007, is given to Penn supervisors who demonstrate exemplary behaviors and serve as outstanding role models.
These behaviors reflect the University’s standards for a Model Supervisor and are used by the Selection Committee to identify individuals who qualify for this award:
- Applies fairness and consistency to all actions.
- Communicates goals and expectations clearly and holds staff accountable.
- Provides tools for achievement.
- Removes unnecessary barriers to accomplishment and assists with problem solving.
- Provides feedback in a constructive way and manages issues in the workplace.
- Treats all with dignity, respect, and integrity.
- Collaborates with other peers and organizations and supports an environment of collaboration.
- Empowers everyone to achieve their best and offers development opportunities for future growth.
- Understands and supports work life balance.
- Appreciates the contribution that a diverse workforce offers, and supports efforts to sustain a diverse workforce.
- Safeguards and manages assets and institutional resources for the greatest support for institutional goals.
Questions? Call 215-898-7729 or contact us by email.