Core HR Knowledge
OverviewThe Core HR competency encompasses the knowledge, skills, and abilities found in a competently run human resource department that provides an organization with structure and the capability of meeting business needs through effective management of valuable resources, programs and the workforce. This includes creating, managing, and cultivating the employer-employee relationship.
- Employee Engagement & Retention
- Talent Acquisition & Recruiting
- Budget & Finance
- HR Operations
- Performance Management
- U.S. Employment Law & Regulations
- HR Strategic Planning
- Staff & Labor Relations
- Workforce Management
- Understands the various benefits available to Penn faculty and staff and how to administer and communicate them to plan participants.
- Understands the drivers behind engagement and retention and what needs to be done to enhance or maintain them.
- Contributes to strategies to move Penn from its current state to its desired future state.
- Implements programs that focuses on attracting and recruiting the best talent.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of tax laws and accounting as they pertain to HR programs.
- Understands Penn’s revenue and costs and how they relate to HR activities.
- Promotes and manages effective, fair and professional relationships between supervisors and staff.
- Provides ongoing feedback by communicating expectations, goals, career progress and how those items align with Penn’s goals.
- Governs the rights and duties between employer-employee relationships.
- Develops and supports compensation and benefit plans.
- Puts practices into place to support management and staff with day-to-day organization activities supporting Penn’s overall goals.
- Develops applicant pools that allow Penn to select the best-qualified candidates in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Leads and supports initiatives to optimize employee productivity.