News Item Details
Be in the Know Campaign Year Ends Soon
News from May 28, 2021
The current campaign year continues through June 30, 2021 with opportunities for you to experience wellness programs and resources, participate in well-being challenges, and simply strive to feel your best.
Here are some important campaign details and deadlines to remember:
- All 2020-2021 Be in the Know campaign activities must be completed by June 30, 2021. This includes:
- Completing the Health Check, Virgin Pulse’s online health assessment–the only required activity to receive any earned rewards this year.
- Submitting a Biometric Screening Consent Form and required screening results documentation to AREUFIT Health Services.
- Completing any of this year’s Bonus Actions and reporting them using Virgin Pulse’s online Attestation Forms (if applicable).
- Checking your points and rewards progress for the current Be in the Know campaign year.
- Pulse Cash rewards earned July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021 – but not redeemed – will roll over and be available in the 2021-2022 campaign year. Points earned this campaign year will not roll over.
- All confirmed Be in the Know VIPs for the 2020-2021 campaign year will be notified by Virgin Pulse via email around the end of July 2021. This year’s VIPs will earn special recognition for earning at least 450 total campaign points, including completing a biometric screening.
- To access thee Virgin Pulse wellness platform, visit https://join.virginpulse.com/penn.
If you haven’t yet earned maximum rewards for the Be in the Know 2020-2021 campaign year, here’s how you can get in on the action and improve your overall health and well-being.
Take the Health Check, the only required activity you must complete to receive rewards this campaign year, to earn your first 50 points and $50 in Pulse Cash rewards.
You can also earn 50 points and $50 in Pulse Cash if you complete a biometric screening during the qualifying time period. To receive credit, submit screening results obtained by your healthcare provider between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021, and a Biometric Screening Consent Form, to AREUFIT Health Services, Inc., using the directions provided on the form. Required documentation must be received by AREUFIT on or before June 30, 2021. Although a biometric screening is not a required activity to receive any rewards this campaign year, it is still required to become a Be in the Know VIP. You can earn VIP status by obtaining at least 450 total campaign points.
To continue earning additional rewards, complete Bonus Actions, a variety of health-related activities you can do at home, on campus, and online through Virgin Pulse. For certain Bonus Actions, record completion by submitting an Attestation Form right on the Virgin Pulse platform, on the Rewards page. Bonus Actions may be completed at any time during the campaign year (July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021). For a list of qualifying options and directions on earning credit, visit the Be in the Know Bonus Actions webpage.
After you earn your Pulse Cash reward dollars, you can spend your rewards right on the Virgin pulse platform. You can choose from gift cards, fitness items, and charitable donations. Review the “How to Redeem Pulse Cash Rewards” section of the Be in the Know website for instructions on redeeming your rewards*. Any unspent Pulse Cash reward dollars will roll into the 2021-2022 campaign year on July 1, 2021 and will continue to be available. Points earned through June 30, 2021 will not roll into next year’s campaign.
If you have questions, please contact the Virgin Pulse Member Services Team by using the green Live Chat button found on the right side of the platform. You can also call Member Services at 1-855-920-2290, Monday-Friday, 8am-9pm ET.
Celebrating 10 years of Be in the Know
Penn will celebrate 10 years of the Be in the Know wellness program with the launch of the 2021-2022 campaign year on July 1, 2021. The new campaign will include exciting changes to the program that will give you more ways to earn points and rewards, engage with your coworkers, and improve your health. Watch for upcoming communications with complete details.
For more information about Be in the Know, please visit www.hr.upenn.edu/beintheknow.
*All Be in the Know rewards are subject to applicable payroll taxes at the time they are earned. Penn will process taxes on any earned rewards through participants’ paychecks on a periodic basis. The final taxation cycle for the 2020-2021 campaign year will take place in July 2021, for activity completed between April 1 and June 30, 2021. All impacted participants will receive an email alert from Virgin Pulse, prior to taxes being processed. Please note that earned rewards can be redeemed in various methods, through the Virgin Pulse platform.