FAQ: Benefits for My Spouse/Partner


Can I receive tuition benefits for my spouse/partner?
Does my time as a post-doc, part-time, or temporary employee count towards the three years of service?
Can my spouse/partner receive tuition benefits for graduate courses at Penn?

What’s Covered

What does the benefit cover?
What about courses at another university?

Applying for Tuition Benefits

How do I apply?
When is the application due?
Is a 12-week summer course considered Summer Session I or II?
What happens after my benefit amount is calculated?
How will I know my request was successful?


Are tuition benefits for my spouse/same-sex domestic partner taxable?
Where can I get more information about the tax liability?

Questions? Contact the Tuition Administrator at tuition@hr.upenn.edu.

For questions about your tuition bill (charges, amount due, and payment options), contact the Office of Student Financial Services: 215-898-1988; 3451 Walnut Street 1st floor.

For questions about policies related to an academic program, please contact the coordinator of that program directly.