Telemedicine with Penn Medicine OnDemand
The University has partnered with Penn Medicine to offer a virtual care telemedicine practice called Penn Medicine OnDemand. Formerly called FirstCall, Penn Medicine OnDemand provides urgent primary care services by providers in the Penn Center for Connected Care.
Penn Medicine OnDemand providers address your immediate care needs such as sore throats, rashes, earaches, muscle or joint pain, and other minor injuries.
The telemedicine practice is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year by Penn Medicine providers who deliver fast and speedy care using video visits. When an in-person, office-based appointment with a PennCare provider is recommended, the Penn Medicine OnDemand team will help you schedule it at a time and location that is convenient for you. Call 215-615-2222 to schedule a video visit or in-person appointment.
At present, Penn Medicine OnDemand is open to the public. The highlights of eligibility are below:
- Patients without insurance and patients with any insurance plan.
- Patients 14 years or older who are located in PA, NJ, DE, MD. For patients under 14, parents or guardians are urged to contact the child’s healthcare provider.
- There's normally a $49 fee-for-service. This fee will be waived under Penn Medicine’s COVID-19 community health initiative for anyone who works on Penn Medicine campuses, regardless of their insurance plan, including University faculty and staff. This applies to all Penn Plans, PennCare PPO, Aetna POS II, Keystone/AmeriHealth Health Plan, Aetna HDHP and Aetna POS Standard.
- Practice is staffed by full-time CRNPs
- Provides medical advice, short-term care prescriptions, and scheduling collaboration with Penn Medicine primary care teams
- Connect via PennChart’s audio-video “facetime” technology using the MyPennMedicine (MPM) app, downloaded from the Apple or Google store
- Self-schedule 20-minute virtual appointments via MPM or call Penn Medicine at 215-615-2222 for help downloading the MPM app
- Visit us at www.PennMedicine.org/OnDemand