Aetna High Deductible Health Plan with a Health Savings Account
About This Plan
The Aetna High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with a Health Savings Account (HSA) offers you more control over how you spend your health care dollars. You can access your HDHP by logging into Aetna Navigator at www.aetna.com. The plan's highlights:
- It offers the lowest payroll deductions of all Penn’s medical plans.
- You don’t need to select a primary care provider or get referrals to specialists when you use this plan.
- You can use any doctor you want at any time—although your out-of-pocket costs are based on whether your provider is in-network or out-of-network.
- It includes an optional, tax-saving Health Savings Account. The HSA is administered by WageWorks and can be managed online at www.wageworks.com.
- This plan carries a high deductible ($1,500 for individuals, $3,000 for family). You must meet it before the plan pays benefits (except for in-network preventive care and preventive generic drugs) NOTE: Once Family Deductible is met, all family members will be considered as having met their Deductible for the remainder of the plan year. There is no individual deductible to satisfy within the family deductible.
- All covered expenses including Deductible and prescription drugs accumulate toward both the preferred and non-preferred deductible and out-of-pocket maximum. Once Family out-of-pocket maximum is met, all family members will be considered as having met their out-of-pocket maximum for the remainder of the plan year. There is no individual out-of-pocket maximum to satisfy within the family out-of-pocket.
If you’re enrolled in the Aetna High Deductible Health Plan, the IRS requires you to complete and submit Form 8889 for your Health Savings Account (HSA). Visit the IRS site for more information.