Long-Term Care Insurance

An accident, illness, or chronic disease can strike anyone—and at any age. If it happens to you or your loved ones, will you be financially prepared? Our long-term care benefit can help.

Address Change

If you have a long-term care contract with Genworth or John Hancock and your address changes, you must provide your carrier with your new address. You can find contact information for Genworth and John Hancock below.


In partnership with Genworth Life Insurance Company, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. Plus, the younger you are when you apply, the lower your premium will be.

You can apply for long-term care insurance at any time. If you apply within 90 days of when you’re hired, you can be considered with streamlined underwriting. Outside of this period, you can still apply subject to full medical underwriting. All applicants must maintain a permanent U.S. residence and have a valid social security number or tax identification number.

Certain family members are eligible for coverage as well, but they are subject to full medical underwriting. Eligible family members include the following: spouses, adult children, siblings, spouses of siblings, parents/parents-in-law, step parents/step parents-in-law, grandparents/grandparents-in-law, and step grandparents/step grandparents-in-law, ages 18-75.

For more information, visit Genworth’s website or call 1-800-416-3624.

John Hancock

If you have a long-term care contract with our previous vendor (John Hancock) and have questions about your policy, call 1-800-482-0022, Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm.